El Paso Drunk Driving Defense – DWI/DUI
El Paso DWI Defense Attorneys
Have you been charged with drunk driving (DWI, or DUI if you are under 21)? You know first-hand how scary and embarrassing a DWI arrest can be, but you may not know all the ways a drunk driving conviction could change your life.
A drunk driving conviction stays on your driving record for life. Your insurance rates will go up. You could face immediate driving restrictions – only being able to drive for work or school – or you could lose your license (especially if this is a repeat DWI offense). If you are living and working in the U.S. with a green card and resident alien status, a DWI conviction could result in deportation!
You owe it to yourself and your family to hire an El Paso DWI defense attorney who really knows how to fight drunk driving charges. Call Anchondo & Anchondo Law at 915-228-4360 or e-mail us today to have a free consultation and quick legal help.
Texas DWI Defense Lawyers at Anchondo & Anchondo
The father-son criminal defense team of Daniel and Christopher Anchondo brings decades of legal experience to your side to fight Texas drunk driving charges. We’re El Paso natives, born and raised. We understand this community; we know the courts. We’re the law firm many families turn to again and again when they have a legal question or problem.
We will be with you throughout the process, from arraignment to ALR (administrative license revocation) hearing, to trial if need be, helping you understand the process and explaining your options at every step.
A Strong Defense Against El Paso County DWI Charges
We’ve handled hundreds of DWI/DUI cases and can defend you against any DWI charge, including felony DWI, DWI with child passenger, intoxicated assault and intoxicated manslaughter. We know what to look for when building a case.
- Who was the arresting authority? State and local law enforcement have different procedures.
- Where did it happen? Was anyone with you?
- What happened when you were pulled over? Was it a reasonable stop? Did officers search your vehicle?
- What were the road conditions? Was there daylight or streetlights?
- What field sobriety test did the arresting officer use? Do you have medical issues that would have made it difficult for you to pass that test?
- Was your blood alcohol content (BAC) tested using blood or breath samples or both? Were the BAC tools properly maintained and calibrated? Was the administering officer properly trained and certified to administer the tests?
- Is this a first offense, or have you had previous DUI convictions? If you have prior convictions, were there legal problems with those cases?
The answers to questions like these can show problems with the evidence against you, possibly resulting in charges being dropped or reduced, or a lighter sentence.
The El Paso DWI defense lawyers at Anchondo in Anchondo understand the legal problems faced by immigrants. If you have been arrested and charged with drunk driving (DWI) and you are a resident alien, have overstayed your visa, or you are undocumented, our lawyers can help. We fight the criminal charges and help people facing deportation. Call our law office immediately: 915-228-4360.